Re: [ST] Tiedown approach?

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Joel Ashman wrote:

> http://www.condor-lift.com/

Sorry to hear about the paint Joel...

I think I've seen that Condor somewhere, perhaps in vendor-land at
Mid-Ohio Vintage Days or something.  Nice to have some competition for the
LA Chock (http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Chocks.html) and another neat one
here (http://www.wheeldock.com) but they don't seem to be beating the
prices down for us consumers...

I wonder how those Tyre Down devices as seen at
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-trailer/motorcycle-trailer-tie-down.htm
perform?

I've always had good luck with soft ties around the lower triple clamp and
the rear passenger peg mounts, then using good tie downs to those.  Don't
let the ties touch any paint or it will scuff.

And another word of warning - watch that the chocks when closed up around
the front wheel don't come so close to the lower body work that the chin
of the lower fairing can't get into it.  If found this the case with a
Kendon trailer and had to tie the rear wheel back to prevent any forward
movement.

FWIW, HIH.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\