Re: [ST] Tiedown approach?

If I'd seen this message earlier, I would have responded in the same
way...  I found that the best way to tie a bike down is to tie down the
lower section of the forks and front wheel, letting the bike float on
the suspension.  At the rear, you just need to control the left-right
movement of the wheel, with maybe a little pull down.  I transported my
almost brand new Sprint over 700 miles this way in November 2004 without
a problem...

Dan

>>> triumph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 3/19/2006 11:43 PM >>>
According to the official BMW trailering guide, they say screw it
with tying down to sprung parts, loop around the top of the fork
brace, and just nail the wheel/tire down, then let the bike bounce
around on top of that as it will.  Must be a Telelever thing.

However, I can vouch that it works, because the K1200RS I brought
home in exchange for the Sprint didn't move an inch the whole trip!
(ducking for cover)

www.packereng.com