Re: [ST] Aging bikers

>>I've only trailered to a rally once.  And the excuse is, my then-new
rider wife wasn't up to a 2400 mile round trip, not counting the 1000 or
so miles ridden at the rally.
<<

I sometimes have a 'support vehicle' i.e. I ride my bike and I get the wife to
take the cage with all the luggage etc.  This has several obvious advantages:
1) I can enjoy the ride without the added incumberance of a pillion
who 'doesn't like going too fast' and no annoying luggage or poxy looking
pannier bags
2) When we get to the destination we can explore the environs using the cage if
needs be (no one likes riding in the rain)
3) I can take half my freaking workshop with me!
4) Always handy to have somewhere to lock the helmet and jacket when wanting to
have a wander around.
5) I can have more than one beer with dinner :O)

Of course this all depends on having an understanding better half!

A note of warning; this practice is frowned upon by die-hard rally-goers as
being 'woosey' so is best saved for the annual vacation :O)

--
Michael Browne
BRG ST