Re: [ST] 955 motor

While we're on the topic of motor problems.

Has anyone experienced a problem with a 1999-2000 vintage 955 motor surging?  My 2000 RS seems to have that problem.  It started around the 12000 mile service.  Progressively got worse until it started stalling coming to a stop.  When I changed to a Two brothers can it was even worse.  So I took off and cleaned the stepper motor for idle intake and bought a tuneboy and changed the EFI map.

It's been good up until now.  Yesterday, I noticed the minor surging starting again.  I only expect it to get progressively worse again.

I don't get it.  Do I have to clean the stepper and change the map annually?

Rich