Re: [ST] Bike to Bike Communication

>>> ashmite@xxxxxxxxxxx 3/27/2006 9:56 AM >>>
Oh yeah, when the cell is in
use, VOX doesn't apply. The mic is on 100% of the time.

I didn't have a FRS radio, but the VOX seemed to function well.  It
cuts the
music to 50% volume.  I'd give it a try.  Install it, then run 70-80
MPH to
get the sensitivity and volume adjusted.  It'll probably take 2-3 trys
get it right.  Just pop of the seat and turn a knob.
--Joel

That's an important point RE the VOX.  With the Starcom, it cuts the
music out completely, and then 5 sec after you've finished talking,
BOOM, its back at full volume.  I switched to PTT for the FRS because of
the issues of dealing with the VOX sensitivity.  Like the Autocomm, you
have full duplex communication with the Rider-pillion and cell phone.  I
haven't used the latter, mainly because I have NO desire to answer the
phone when I'm riding.  I'd rather just ignore it all together.

Dan

www.packereng.com