From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Wetherington
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 11:04 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Bike to Bike Communication

>>> ashmite@xxxxxxxxxxx 3/27/2006 9:56 AM >>>
Oh yeah, when the cell is in
use, VOX doesn't apply. The mic is on 100% of the time.

I didn't have a FRS radio, but the VOX seemed to function well.  It cuts
the
music to 50% volume.  I'd give it a try.  Install it, then run 70-80 MPH
get the sensitivity and volume adjusted.  It'll probably take 2-3 trys to
get it right.  Just pop of the seat and turn a knob.
--Joel

That's an important point RE the VOX.  With the Starcom, it cuts the music
out completely, and then 5 sec after you've finished talking, BOOM, its
back at full volume.  I switched to PTT for the FRS because of the issues
of dealing with the VOX sensitivity.  Like the Autocomm, you have full
duplex communication with the Rider-pillion and cell phone.  I haven't
used the latter, mainly because I have NO desire to answer the phone when
I'm riding.  I'd rather just ignore it all together.

Dan

www.packereng.com