Re: [ST] Suspension Settings (was: tight...)

> Rear Rebound (standard/softer/firmer/2up) 1.5/1.75/1.25/1.0 turns from
> fully screwed in

Interestingly, I sold the Penske shock I had on my RS over the winter since the RS was being relegated to commuter/beater duty and I had a new sportbike for twisties and track days. So I reinstalled the HyperPro-sprung stock shock. I've been increasingly unhappy with the performance of that shock as compared to the suspension on the Ninja bike.

It turns out (pun intended) that the rebound damping adjustment on my shock had backed out a lot. I could swear I set it to 1.25 turns out from fully in when I re-installed it and I found it to be probably 2.5 turns or more out last night. So I reset it to 1.25 turns out and the ride a LOT better. The wallowing and pogo'ing are pretty much gone and the bike handles SO much better with proper suspension settings.

Point of this ramble is: setting your static sag for your weight/load, setting the rebound damping on the rear, proper springs and fork oil weight, and (in my case) raising the forks through the triple clamps about a quarter inch, really make a big difference in how the bike handles when riding in a spirited fashion.

Garry