Re: [ST] How it fell over

Hi there,

david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It was raining when I stopped for gas. As I was putting the bike on the centerstand my boot slipped off.

Silly question time:  Why the centrestand?  If I'm stopping for petrol
(gas) I always use the sidestand.  I usually have a tailpack on if solo,
so it's easier to flip down the stand, lean left as my leg comes over,
kicks the tailpack, and as I land on the ground beside the bike, and it
sits imperiously on its stand saying "Fall over?  Moi?  Never!  Ya bam"

Seriously, I only use the centrestand if I'm parking for a while.  It's
also easier (I had a bike with only a centrestand once!) to fill on the
sidestand, as the fuel nozzle goes in to the tank at a better angle.

When everyone points me to the page in the owner's manual that says
"NEVER fill your Sprint ST on its sidestand", I'll know...

:)

Oh, and petrol stations (gas ...) are notorious for having a lot of
oily, slippery goop around, especially if there's a lot of diesel
customers using them, so in rainy conditions it can be like ice skating.
  Watch the road for tell-tale rainbow patterns around the different
pumps in wet conditions.

Got my brake pads today, so should be riding for the first time since
November this weekend.  JOY!

Andrew