Re: [ST] How tight is too tight?

Pdfs would be so great, I really appreciate the help with the settings. From the ones on the forks, it looks like I have been driving with the softest settings. That explains a lot. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Dan Wetherington" <DEW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 5/2/06 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] How tight is too tight?

There are actually two different specs listed, depending on whether
you've got a single sided swingarm or not.  The manual states 35-40mm
(1.4-1.6in) for the SSSA (on centerstand?) and 25-30mm (1-1.4in) for
DSSA versions.  Both of these are with the bike unloaded...

For suspension, it depends on what you like.  I've got mine jacked up
almost all the way, basically the 2-up setting from the manual.  I'm
about 215# without gear, and do a significant amount of 2-up riding.
With the wife and gear, we're pushing the max load on the bike...

The settings from the manual are:
Front Preload (standard/softer/firmer/2up) 10mm/12mm/8mm/5mm above fork
cap
Rear Preload (standard/softer/firmer/2up) 12.0/16.0/8.0/6.0 clicks out
from full in
Rear Rebound (standard/softer/firmer/2up) 1.5/1.75/1.25/1.0 turns from
fully screwed in

If you want, I can PDF the pages from the manual showing locations for
adjusting the settings and e-mail them to you...

Dan

www.packereng.com