Re: [ST] BMW K1200R vs S3

>From: Joel Ashman
>Don't forget to let service help make your decision.  While I've never owned
>a BMW, my friend did, and it seemed he was constantly taking it for
>service.  This was routine stuff, not to fix any problems.

BMW's have the same intervals as Triumphs, 10.000 km. BMW's generally
are cheaper to maintain though concering standard service. Boxers are
the cheapest bikes to maintain of pretty much all motorcycles (also
smaller ones included). The valve check intervals are also larger.

Here you can seen an overview of the amount of minutes needed for each
interval for a lot of motorcycles and the cumulative amount of hours
during 50.000 km: http://piloot.smugmug.com/photos/13656952-L.jpg

As you can see boxers are quite service friendly, don't know about
those new K types though. The problems is usually the non standard
repairs... leaking problems, surging, oil usage...brakes apparently...

Emile
www.piloot.com