Re: [ST] ST compared to other "faster" bikes (was ST alternatives)

Matt wrote:
> I can honestly say that on the street, I wouldn't push any harder on
any bike - too much to go wrong. <

Every rider has his/her own level of competence.  Sunday four of us
took a run out to central Oregon. At one point, south of Maupin (out
in the middle of nowhere - enter "Maupin, OR" into Google maps and
click 'hybrid') two riders swapped bikes ('03 S3 and '05 Sprint) and
something was said about riding them like they were stolen.  After a
few minutes at my usual moderate (halfast, right?) pace, I realized
the others were disappearing over the horizon!  I sped up to the point
of serious contemplation about how fast I could go through turns that
I usually just cruised through.  There's very little room for error
when you're outside your normal window of comfort!
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST