Re: [ST] Tires (uh, oh...)

Actually, after looking at their websites, reading the blurb on each tire, and looking in the fitment guide, I'm thinking that the Sportec M-1/M-3 is in line with the Diablo Corsa, and the Z-6 is in line with the Diablo Strada.  Doesn't appear to be a real match for Metzeler with the plain Diablo.  Maybe that's the what I'll have to try next as it may split the baby...

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Dan Wetherington <DEW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2006 10:37:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Tires (uh, oh...)

>>> matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx 5/3/2006 9:31 AM >>>
Am I correct that the Pirelli Diablo is the direct competitor of the
MetzelerSportec M-1/M-3?  And the Pirelli Diablo Strada is the direct
competitor of (and pretty much the same tire as) the Metzeler Z-6?

Yes.  And since they're pretty much the same company, I would be
surprised to see much difference between the respective tires.  Anybody
done a back-to-back on the Z6-Diablo Strada yet?  I remember people
saying there was a big similarity between the two.

www.packereng.com