Re: [ST] How it fell over

Yup, most gas stations have pay at the pump with credit/debit cards in
the US.  You can get the card in there without getting off the bike.
I've seen some pumps, notably in California, that have a ATM like kiosk
in the pump island where you can insert cash or card and pay for your
gas and get your change from cash.  It's very convenient to pay at the
pump as more and more stations are requiring you to pay before you pump
the gas.  If you are using cash, that means two trips and two times in
line - once to put cash deposit and once to get your change.

 Some stations that aren't open 24 hours even leave their pumps on after
the store closes so you can still get gas.  Very convenient at 3am in
the middle of nowhere, and there's a lot of that in New Mexico.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, NM
'99ST