Re: [ST] Tire pressure.

(im archiving this thread)
There are issues with leaving tyres underflated over a long period of time
but a lot depends on where you live etc.

When you put air in a tyre it contains moisture and is kept at a certain
pressure that is a different scenario from tyres on a shelf in open air.
This will deteriorate the material and change the strength values they are
designed for.

Im not an expert but i know guys who garage their bikes over winter (i dont
- i ride every month in NE Scotland) and will keep an eye on their pressures
so the tyre doesnt deform. If it deforms it changes its design features that
we put our safety trust in. A car is different in that the implications of a
deformed tyre may not have such a great impact on the driver although maybe
more to other road users.

I check the tyres monthly, but in the long riding season, ill check them
before a long journey. Im off down to the Edinburgh area tomorrow and will
take the bike to speeds that will put extra stresses on rubbers. It makes
sence - since you asked the question and not because i think you are stupid
- to regularly check teh tyres. If only to make those who will miss you more
comfortable.

STeve: As for the halogen fluid do you prefer the red top or yellow top?