[ST] Diablo Vs. Avon ST45 front

I just replaced my worn out Avon ST45 front tire with a Pirelli Diablo (plain).
Initial turn-in takes noticeably more effort with the Diablo. After the turn has been started everything is smooth and easy, like the Avon. The Diablo has a nice "planted" feel.
The rear is a fairly new Avon ST46 180/55. It works well with the Diablo.

I like the Avon ST tires. But I have found that when the front is ridden hard it does not last too long. I am hoping (dreaming) that the Diablo will last a little longer. If both tires give the same mileage, I would take the Diablo. But I have to see how the Pirelli feel when it is almost worn out. The Avon is pretty good (for a worn tire) in its last 500 miles.

David W. Funk
'00 Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA