Re: [ST] Starter problems

I had a funny one last night after work.  Went to start the bike, and it
just wouldn't catch.  After about 10 seconds of cranking, the starter
stopped and the dash went completely blank.

Crap!

So I start messing with fuses and can't find a blown one.  Tried to
start again, just for laughs and it turned over but no start, then flat
again.  Followed the advice that myself and others have repeated on the
list and checked the battery connections.

Lo and behold, both were loose!  Used my handy Cruz Tools thingie and
tightened them both down.  Bike started on the first push of the
starter.  It rained today, so I haven't had a chance to see if that took
care of my cold hard start issue that has been growing of late, but I
suspect it might have.  :0)

Oddly enough, my trip meter and clock were reset, but the CEL did not
come on, thankfully.

Jeremy Witt

Newbury Partners

(o) 603-893-3022