Re: [ST] Suspension question (was: Ride Report...sort of...(long))

Excellent explanation Garry. Part of the problems that the Sprint's damper
rod forks has is that one hole.  Even the RT emulators have issues adjusting
oil flow in two directions to manage flow rates that do the damping.  That
single little hole is "the" source of hydrostatic lock in many cases.
Couple all of that with riders of variable weight, different riding styles
and different road surfaces the damper rod system has to be pretty lucky to
hit it right for anyone. Emulators, as you well know, help, but they aren't
perfect either. In my opinion, my combination of emulators and variable rate
springs is as close as I am going to get FOR ME without replacing the entire
shock with a cartridge type shock.  The 05+ goes a long way with cartridge
shocks, but for the serious twisty guy, they have to be FULLY adjustable.