Re: [ST] Raising the Rear (was Raisint the forks)

---- Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Great point on the belly pan - I've already gouged that, and don't want to make it worse.  So then - raising the rear.  Garry mentioned a longer penske shock - how much longer can you go and still have it fit?  Height is not an issue as I am over 6' tall.

The Penske I bought (slightly used) was supposedly 3mm longer than stock (368 vs 365) with the ride height adjusted all the way in. This info comes from former(?) list member Bster13 who bought the shock and went round and round with Lindemann/Penske to get the right one. Remember, this is for a 2002 RS. I believe the ST uses a different shock. Anyway, 3mm in shock length translates into about 10mm in ride height out back. I noticed the bike turned better with the Penske from the first ride and it turned worse once the stock shock was back on. Felt like I was riding a chopper. Well, maybe not that bad. Raising the forks 6mm (1/4 inch) has helped.

I really should have waited until *after* I sold the RS to sell the Penske. The  Penske sold right away and I'm still riding the RS for the forseeable future...

Garry