Re: [ST] GIVI Boxes

Nice one Matt,

The "mother ship" you refer to has enough volume, but the shape & design are
wrong to enable it to be packed in a reasonable way. The side panniers are
wrong within, as well as being on the small side. Triumph got this right on the
previous model series, I used that luggage extensively on many trips on my '99
ST, but they failed this time around and their "fix" has made the inner
dimensions even smaller.

Ever wondered why many after market top boxes are basically the same shape?

My bike is my everyday transport, so I need it to offer a degree of
practicality. For me the current factory boxes are useless. I dont really want to put
after market luggage on the bike, but now I have no other option.

To continue your SUV analogy - a lot of these vehicles are big in overall
dimension, but inside they have about as much room as the average small to medium
sized car.

Kapish?

Sorted!

Brett.