Re: [ST] Luggage question.

Did you get an answer on this?

I've done it a bunch of times now as I only use the side cases on long
trips.

Each side rail is held on in three spots: the rear fender with a hex
bolt (can't remember the size), the frame under the bodywork with a 12mm
bolt and nut, and on the back side of the passenger pegs with two 8mm(?)
bolts (and washers).  Popping out the front lower edge of the tail
plastic from the rubber grommet facilitates reaching the center rail
bolt, the nut is accessible above the rear wheel.  I've had luck with a
12mm wrench on the outside and a ratchet on the inside.

Once the rails are removed, the exhaust bracket extension is held on
with a pair of 12mm nut and bolt fasteners.  Actually, I think the lower
bolt is 13mm and the lower bolt is the one used after the bracket is
removed.

Then loosen the 13mm "pinch" bolt where the exhaust meets the header.
Rotate it up and line up with the 13mm bolt.  Adjust to your liking, as
parallel with the rear wheel as you can manage.

Keep track of all the bits of hardware once removed.  It's annoying to
have to go hunting for them later!!

Hope that helps.

Jeremy Witt
Newbury Partners