Re: [ST] Removing Rodent Debris from Stock Can

Thanks Dan--I have the 2Bros can and like to have a working stock exhaust in case there is a problem. Besides, I just relocated to a new state (VA), will be getting my bike inspected and wanted to have a stock exhaust in case it does not pass due to the aftermarket can.

  Other than that, I have no reason to swap back since I like my 2Bros can a lot.
  Todd

Dan Wetherington <DEW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >>> me_shucker@xxxxxxxxx 5/23/2006 8:12 AM >>>
Hey Gang--I have a stock pipe and can that came with my 01 when I
bought it but was off the bike since there is an aftermarket can on the
scoot. The owner did not plug the ends of the can or pipe to prevent the
habitation of critters and now my stock can is full of acorns and
hickory nuts. Shaking the can does little to remove the debris. Does
anyone know how to clean out the garbage? Put it back on the bike and
run it at 12K rpms?! I am posting this as I may be in the market for a
stock can (already emailed Denis about one of those two) but would like
to salvage this if possible.

Thanks!
Todd

Unless one of the baffles was drilled out, you may be out of luck.
>From what I can tell, the stock can has two baffle plates in it. The
first is approx. 12" in from the outlet, and the second is approx.
10-12" further in from the first. This means that when exhaust gas
enters the muffler, it hits a baffle plate and has to go over it,
through the sound damping material. Then it has to travel under the
second baffle plate in a similar fashion to get out again. The debris
you've got is probably trapped in this middle section and won't be
removeable without drilling one (or both) of the baffles. If the price
is right, I'd pitch yours and get a different one.

Curious question: What aftermarket exhaust do you have, and why are you
contemplating switching back to stock?

Dan

www.packereng.com