Re: [ST] Chain Question

> I was wondering.  If the CBR1000RR people can put a 520 chain
> conversion on their bikes, why couldn't I replace my 530 chain with
> a 520 chain.
>
> Bikes like the CBR1000RR and the like put out way more HP than my
> dinky RS, so I don't think strength is a factor for me.
>
> So why wouldn't I want to put a 520 chain on my RS?  It's lighter
> and less expensive.  Any thoughts?

How much cheaper is it?  http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/ has a decent
deal on chain & sprockets.

You may want to consider the higher weight and torque output of the
Sprint vs the CBR.  I'd guess the 520 chain is strong enough, but
another thing to think about is whether the smaller chain will wear
out sooner.

Jim