Re: [ST] Chain Question

You can, but it's not recommended, as you are running a heavier bike, and would require a much more frequent adjustment and replacement times. On liter bike, they burn chains around 10k when they run a 520. My 750 track bike stretches out my D.I.D ERV 520's all the time. I'd say every three 20 minute track sessions, or every fourth race (8 lap sprints at Louden), it's stretched enough to warrant adjustments. You can run it, but life is short, with a 520 ;)

  Justin

"Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I was wondering. If the CBR1000RR people can put a 520 chain conversion on their bikes, why couldn't I replace my 530 chain with a 520 chain.

Bikes like the CBR1000RR and the like put out way more HP than my dinky RS, so I don't think strength is a factor for me.

So why wouldn't I want to put a 520 chain on my RS? It's lighter and less expensive. Any thoughts?

Rich