Re: [ST] Several questions - FUEL

Before adding fuel system cleaners, I would try higher octane fuels and
different brands.  When I treid running standard unleaded in my '99 ST to save a
few dollars, it really didnt like it and would sometimes ping under hard
acceleration with a notieable loss of power as well. It simply wasnt worth the slight
saving. It would took at least a couple of tanks to get rid of it. Premium
fuels are expensive but are worth it in a fuel injected motorcycle, IMHO. Except
for Shell Optimax which fouls plugs in 1000kms or less. I've always run the
good stuff (expensive) in my '05 ST without problems.

Independant fuel operators arent an option. The quality of the fuel is
questionable at best as it comes from refineries in Indonesia or Malaysia.

I am talking about fuel in Australia. As has been mentioned before, fuel
quality can vary between manufactureres and regions.

I am trying to find out more about this product

http://www.fitchcatalyst.com.au/Product-Detail.asp?P=3

but I cant find anyone that can actually say they have used it. Perhaps
someone here can shed some light on the technology used and the claims they make.

Cheers,
Brett.