Re: [ST] Several questions--remapping

I have the dealer check everytime I have it in.  Now I only bring it in for the valve adjustment, throttle body balance, and ECU check, which is only every 12k miles.  But that is once a year for me.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Todd J <me_shucker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:37:22 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Several questions--remapping

Interesting point, Matt.

How often do folks have their bikes remapped?

Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is everyone staying current with their maps? I'm thinking about this more and more, and I have never experienced this. I have had both a 2000 and a 2001 ST (so experience with two of the bikes); I've run the bikes with stock exhausts, Triumph Off-Road, and third-party (PowerMax); had a K&N air filter in one of them; I've run the bikes to sea-level (back and forth to the beach for a couple of summers every weekend; run the bikes up to the highest point in the Blue Ridge Mountains, up through the mountains of up-state NY and Vermont; I've run nothing but 89 Octane; run the bike loaded down with my fat-ass and three bags full, and a bag behind me on the seat; and I ride the bike hard (including track time). Just seems weird to me. I do know that I make sure that I stay on top of the tunes as Triumph are constantly tweaking them. But I've never run into this.

This is not really any answer, but it just has me wondering....

Matt Heyer