Re: [ST] Several questions

I had the same thought, Matt. My first experinece was
with an 01 RS. At the time I was living at about 300
feet elevation. I would routinely run the thing up to
13,000 feet and then down to sea level, sometimes in
the same day. I remember going from 3000 to 13000 back
and forth twice in the same day on more than one
occasion. Never had a problem. My 02 RS is a tad more
persnickety, but I have never had a problem with it
either. It has never seen anything near those
elevation changes though....

The 01 had the stock can and tune, never burbled,
pinged or bacfired, not once. The 02 ran perfect
stock, then I added the oem race pipe and tune. it
runs stronger, very slightly, but not as perfect.
Backfires on engine braking, etc, but still no
pinging....