Re: [ST] Ohlins Rear Shock

---- Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I will make sure to keep everyone posted.  I'm slated next to run the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point, WV June 17.  Then a Monday/Saturday of Pocono July 10, and BeaveRun (outside of Pittsburgh) on July 15.  That's the schedule so far!  I'm hoping to hit VIR sometime in August or September too.

I had a Penske two-way shock on my Sprint RS. It was a definate improvement over the HyperPro-sprung stock shock for me. But it didn't turn me into Rossi either (not that anything ever could). If I had to do it again, I'd probably go for a shock with both high and low speed compression damping adjustments. Being able to dial back the high-speed compression for those sharp-edged bumps sounds real appealing given the state of PA highways. $900 is a lot of coin. I paid just over $500 for a slightly used Penske and thought that was a good value. Wish I still had it, but I sold it off when I relegated the Sprint to commuting and mellower rides. Dumb move on my part. Back to the HyperPro-sprung stock shock again...

Garry