Re: [ST] Drive by Wire

My Honda Del Sol VTEC has a definite kick around 5000rpm. Drive it
reasonably, and I get econo car gas mileage of 35mpg. Yet I've run away
from sport bikes on twisty roads with it, and the main limitation of it
is that my wife is usually sitting next to me giving me dirty looks.

The sound of the motor when it kicks into the high rpm timing is
absolutely wonderful, and it just screams from 5K up to it's redline of
8K. You can really notice the effect of the variable valve timing in
both performance, gas mileage, and sound.

For a bike it just seems like overkill, and I prefer a much more linear
power output such as the Triumph triples put out.

On May 30, 2006, at 11:10 PM, BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Its certainly an interesting time to be around to witness this
> development.
>
> I've never driven a car with variable valve timing so perhaps someone
> can
> enlighten me as to whether its a noticeable thing or not and how this
> may work or
> not when properly developed for a mtorcycle?
>
> Brett.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned