Re: [ST] Ohlins shock

Matt,
>From everything I've gathered from your postings, you would positively reap the
benefits of an Ohlins shock.  If I were you, I would have them set it up for
aggressive street riding.  It will not fall too short for the occasional track
day if it's set up properly.  I mean really... the ST is not a track tool...
you'll not need it to perform like a track-only bike when you go to the track
with it.  If you do, then I'd say you need a different track bike.  I'd be very
surprised if you were disappointed in the Ohlins product for street duty.  I'm
thinking about going with a cheaper shock but am not sure if the quality is in
line with the Ohlins or Penske.  I'd say since it's your money and not mine, go
for it.  Maybe I can steal a demo ride on it since ours are just about the same
anyway.  ;^)

Jonathan West

Matthew Heyer wrote:
> Now that my ST is doing track duty as well, and the short comings of the
stock rear shock are more prononced, I got a quote on an Ohlins fully
adjustable
rear shock. Now I plan to do a dedicated track bike for next season (laying out

$1000 for the tow stuff on my MDX, and another $1500 for trailer, new track
worthy boots, 1-piece leathers, track time costs, etc... has put the bike off
next season). So, I can't justify the cost for upgrading for the track, when
the
ST won't be on the track for more than a season. But if the shock improved ride

quality even for cruising/touring, then maybe.....

> Anyone able to push me? Seriously, anyone with any experience with putting
the Ohlins shock on. I don't want to make the suspension too rigid for normal
touring duty for one year of track riding with it.