[ST] valve shims and throttle bodies

Hi All,

I have to admit I monitor this list kinda sporadically so I know I miss
things. Apologies if these issues were just recently discussed.

I've recently gotten motivated to do more of my own maintenance. I'm
wondering if there's any advice from the list on valve adjustments and
throttle body balancing. I'm just about ready to order the valve shim
removal tool and a twinmax throttle body balancer.

I've read a couple of articles on shim and bucket valve adjustments and
I have the service manual. I feel confident it's doable. Just wondering
if there is any Sprint specific wisdom out there.

I also have a question about balancing throttle bodies. You have to
adjust the throttle body with the tank off and the motor running. The
service manual says there is a kit available from Triumph to make the
bike run with the tank off and I'm wondering if anyone has figured out
a "work around" or if this kit is necessary to get the job done.

Any advice on these two issues would be appreciated.

Shawn
'02 BRG Sprint ST
Pasadena, CA