Re: [ST] Exhaust System Tar Removal

Rick

We have  product called T-Cut from Tetroseal that does it quite well.
It contains some ammonia and is good for restoring paint when it's
oxidised as well.  However, have you tried petrol (gas)?  It should be
less abrasive than steel wool!

Chris Harwood
00 RS UK

>>> halfast3@xxxxxxxxxxx 06/11/2006 19:19:55 >>>
Since riding in the rain is a fact of life here in the Pacific NW, one
tends to end up with rather a lot of road tar baked on the exhaust
can.  You can remove it with fine steel wool, but it's a PITA.  A
while back, someone suggested a product for its removal.  Was it an
oven cleaning product?  I saw the recent posting for the Mr. Clean
Magic Eraser and will give it a try but in this case, I think a
heavier duty product may in order.
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST