Re: [ST] Front Brake Difference

John asked:
> What is the difference between the 2000 front brake system and the
2004 front brake system?  I have decided I am in the "these brakes
ain't right" camp.  Its not like they wont stop the bike, but it is to
the point where if I keep two fingers on the throttle while breaking
the throttle fingers get pinched during heavy braking, especially when
wearing heavy glove as I do allot this time of year.  And yes, I do
have the lever adjusted out all the way. <

To my knowledge there is no difference.

Try this:  remove a caliper and using the brake lever, slowly pump out
the pistons until the pads meet.  Then, using brake cleaner, clean the
crud off the pistons and gently push the pistons back into the
caliper.  Reinstall that caliper and repeat for the other side.
You'll notice a much firmer brake lever.

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST