[ST] Nearly Creamed a cyclist today.

No fun today.  I just had a guy on an 80's suzuki pull out in front of me
when he had the red light, and I had the green.  He came from my right to
left (USA) and I think he figured that since the SUV in front of him turned
right in front of me that the light was green for him.  I was driving my new
Toyota Tacoma.

What saved him from serious bodily harm?

   1. As a motorcyclist, I'm always on the watch for other cyclists
   2. New tires attached to Anti-lock brakes
   3. The idiot in the SUV who pulled out in front of me.  While I wasn't
   in danger of hitting him, I did start braking early.  Still, I was in full
   lock right up to the potential point of impact.

The rider made 2 major mistakes in my opinion.  First, he ran the red light.
Second, he stopped right in front of me when I layed on the horn and the
breaks instead of accelerating out of my way.

I hope he realizes how lucky he was today.

Oh yeah, the trick of watching the front wheel of a car or bike when they
approach an intersection really does work to let you know if they are going
to pull out in front of you.

-Joel