Re: [ST] Back to allroad

On 2 Sep 2006, at 00:39, Emile Nossin wrote:

> I got a good deal on a new 2006 black Yamaha TDM900A GT. The Yamaha
> "allroad" sportsbike with ABS, bags, centerstand and two in line
> 900 cc engine (a bit like the BMW F800S, but with different firing
> sequence). It has allroad-like suspension, but the rest of the
> package is as sporty as the V-Strom / Honda Varadero / Capo Norde.
> It "only" has 86 hp, but at 193 kgs dry (ABS version) it is very
> light.

The TDM is a great bike - I considered one (of the older less trick
versions) instead of my ST.  Great riding position.  But I reckon
you'll miss the ST engine: more than anything that is what makes the
ST what it is I think.  The TDM engine reminded me of the new
Bonneville's - smooth, flat power delivery, but somehow not as
interesting or connected to the bike as the ST's.  Don't know the
figures, but suspect the ST has more torque at lower revs than the
TDM.  It certainly felt that way when riding the TDM (and the
Bonneville).

Anyhow: have lots of fun on it.  Keep us posted on the list how you
get on too.

G.