Re: [ST] Ride report - Scotland

Gavin

Sorry to see the damage - those low speed offs are the most frustrating
because the cost can be enormous - I had one a couple of years ago.

Still, piccies of Scotland are great.  I haven't been there since 1971
but the missus has never been, so will take her there soon.  That may
have to be on four wheels!  I'll see if I can recce it with some friends
beforehand.  Silverstone beckons first though, weekend after next for
BSB.

I presume it was salvaged to OYT where my RS came from.  They hold an
impressive stock of used Triumphs.

Hope the new ST gives you good service.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> gavin.lawrie@xxxxxxxxx 04/09/2006 15:12:37 >>>
Hi

I recently did a short tour of Scotland on my ST.  Photos of trip can

be found here http://lawrie.smugmug.com/Motorcycles - picture titles
give some clue as to what was going on in each.  But mostly think
'great roads, fabulous scenery, no traffic' and you get the general
idea.

On third day of trip I had an off - and damaged bike enough for it to

be written off (thanks to a small break on headlamp assembly mounting

on frame... see pictures).  Slow speed impact, with no harm to me and

other than broken plastic and the mounting bold-hole on frame, hardly

any to bike.  So have salvaged useful accessories (panniers etc.) and

luckily found an even better ST, same colour, newer, much lower
mileage advertised locally.  So after dust settles, I'll be out of
pocket somewhat (due to difference in value between old and new,
insurance excess etc.) but will end up with slightly better bike than

before...  Anyhow, pictures of damaged old bike and new one on link
above.

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03