Re: [ST] Rattling noise, 2000 ST

I get that all the time.  I think there's something between the space in my ears ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Paul English
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:45 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Rattling noise, 2000 ST

There's a rattle, coming from the frontwards part (otherwise I probably
wouldn't hear it while in motion) of my ST. It's driving me nuts, not to
mention a teensy bit worried.

It sounds like metal on metal.

It's not my keychain - I can reproduce it when holding that down with one
hand.

I don't think it is the brakes - it happens even while braking.. but maybe
the floaters will still rattle except under hard braking?

I've checked various and sundry bodywork, and other than a missing fairing
screw on the left mid-fairing, everything seems cool. I don't think the
missing screw is it either.. there just isn't much play there, plus it
doesn't sound like plastic rattling.

Not sure what else to check.. suggestions?