Re: [ST] Triumph Tuning

Masiak, Richard wrote:
> a 520 D.I.D. chain conversion using the 520ZVM2 and change the gearing sprockets to make less spinning mass to deliver more power to the wheel.

If they're concerned about "spinning mass" I'd think that a more
beneficial change would be a new set of rims.  It should make the bike
handle better (less unsprung weight) which in my opinion would be of far
greater value than an additional 10hp peak.  It would also be interesting
to look at the effect of the exhaust on the whole power curve rather than
the peak number.  I've been told, but never personally verified, that
some mods that increase peak horsepower can have an adverse effect on the
lower section of the power band.

My 2¢,

Nate
00SprintRS