From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Masiak, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:06 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Triumph Tuning

I sent an email two days ago, but it appears it never made it thru.

So I'll try again......

I stopped at a local performance shop.  The guys are racers and although
the do work for racers and squids, I asked what can be done to my engine
(besides the expensive turbo) to beef up my HP.

They told me the best bang for my buck is to put on a complete (but
different from OEM) exhaust system.  Not just the Two Bros. slip on I
have now (and tweek the EFI).  A different air filter, a 520 D.I.D.
chain conversion using the 520ZVM2 and change the gearing sprockets to
make less spinning mass to deliver more power to the wheel.

For less than $1000 they claim that all that will give me a 10HP+
increase.  It will be like a totally different bike.

This will probably generate as many opinions as an oil thread, but, any
thoughts on what I'm being told?

Rich