Re: [ST] Triumph Tuning

Mike wrote:
>You would feel the same apparent increase in acceleration by going
one tooth bigger on the rear sprocket. <

Mike is on the right track here.  Optimize the gearing first.  It's
the cheapest performance gain available.  I'd recommend at least one
tooth smaller on the countershaft sprocket.  I currently run a 45/18.
During last week's TRAP RAT Fest gathering in Baker City, OR, I
averaged ~50mpgUS over 1300 miles of 'spirited but sane' riding - 600
of which was 2-up.

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST