Re: [ST] Triumph Tuning

I'm doing a track day on Sunday.

I hope it goes better than the last one. I've hit a bit of a "wall" -I'm
still far off the pace, and I know I could go quicker but I'm struggling to
pick up my corner speed and breaking points.

On almost every lap I ended up breaking too soon, too much and then actually
have to roll on some power going into the fast corners.

Its very different on the track and very humbling.

I thought I was a good rider till I did my first track day, and then
realised how much work my riding really needs.

I think its virtually impossible to be a good rider without some track time
- its the only place to safely exceed your normal margins.

I'm not a squid - the road is no place to test your limits. On every pass
you need to leave a margin for error. enough space for a car encroaching on
your side of the road, or a corner that turns out to be much sharper than
you thought.

How else to you "programme" your brain to recognise a slip and then do the
right thing, or learn how to automatically counter steer to tighten the line
when a corners suddenly tightens up on you?

Besides having fun, track days could save your life by avoiding a "freeze"
in a situation where you need to react quickly and confidently.