Re: [ST] 02 ST Underseat Exhaust ???

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Mike Young wrote:

> My 2 cents:
> 'Twere my project I'd scrap the under seat idea. Yea it looks cool, but
> the lack of under seat storage flat STINKS. The built in bun warmer
> aspect isn't that neat either if the weather is even warmish.
> What about under motor like the GSXR and Buell? Dynamically it makes a
> lot of sense: lower C of G, less weight, and a lower polar moment of
> inertia. It also leaves a place to keep some stuff under the seat.
> How to go about it? Beats me....

Ditto, although that's a brilliant idea! It seems like a popular mod with
the Buell crowd to replace their stock under-motor mufflers with
over-the-counter ones from the auto shop. Cheap, more noise.. etc. But
then they've already got the space and plumbing in place for it. It seems
like it would really be a tight fit on the ST.

> Hey Paul, what happened to our streak of dry pavement? Was it me or was
> it really greasy out there yesterday?

It was _nasty_. Ick. My theory is that the sudden heavy rain lifted all
the gunk up out of the slightly porous asphalt. I figured after a night of
rain the roads would be washed clear, but there was just oil everywhere.
Yuck!

Palu