Re: [ST] Another Tiger 1050 pic

---- marc Ve <daytona955.marc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks more like a speed triple with a fairing.

Yup. I like it.

> What happened to the adventure bike concept?

Gone. Want to get dirty on a big, heavy bike? Buy a KTM. Personally, I'd rather ride something like a KLR650 for true dual-sport/adventure work. I suspect the market for an "all roads" bike is larger than the real "adventure" market.

> I'm more interested in a beetle crusher like the GS1200 or the KTM950
> adventure.

There ya go. Most people that buy big trailie bikes like the look, ergos, tank range, etc but don't get them much dirtier than a decent dirt/gravel road. The Tiger (or Ulysses or Multistrada) will do well enough on any public road (paved or not) with some street-oriented dual-sport tires (Pirelli Scorpion Sync, etc).

At this point I'm either going to sell the Ninja bike and get a new Tiger or keep the Ninja bike and buy a lightly used Wee Strom with money difference I'd have to add to buy the Tiger.

Garry