Re: [ST] Tire repair on the go....

Brett Wilson wrote:
> What compressor are you using? <

The brand doesn't matter.  Inside they're pretty much the same.  I
bought mine for ~$10 at the local Costco warehouse store, removed the
outer cover and installed a 2-prong flat plug like I use for my
Battery Tender.  The complete assy is in a flat Tupperware box which
fits in front of the tail light under the seat.  Here's a how-to
article: http://tinyurl.com/f1tv

> I've been looking for something since I tested my little CO2/hand
pump and
found it would not put enough air in a tyre to ride safely. <

I had the same problem

> How effective, easy to use etc is the mushroom plug kit? <

With my existing repair kit you have to be really careful to avoid
pushing the whole plug through into the tire.  With the Stop n Go
system you put the plug into the barrel of the installation tool, poke
the tip of the tool through the hole and crank the plug into place
with an allen wrench in the end of the handle, forcing the plug into
position.  Then you remove the tool and pull the end of the plug to
seat the mushroom head on the inside of the tire.  Slick!

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST