[ST] Disappointing Ride. No ST content.

About a week ago I stumbled across a '98 Ducati 600SS for sale.

21,000kms, a couple of months rego, it looked to be in reasonable condition,
so I went to have a look. I thought it would be nice to have a light fun
machine to compliment the ST.

Turns out the bloke selling it has lost his licence for three years for
Driving Under the Influence (DUI). It was his first DUI offence but due to his bad
driving record they gave him the maximum. He must have a very bad record or he
didnt get a good lawyer, either way, I have no sympathy for someone that got
behind the wheel drunk.

So he hasnt started the bike for months, but long story short, we get it
going and I go for a ride. Now I'm not about to embark on a Ducati bashing tirade.
What I found was a very disappointing motorcycle. This thing just doesnt want
to go around corners. It sounds great and makes reasonable power but forget
changing direction.

My friends '92 CBR600F is a better bike to ride and my big heavy ST steers
better.

You see these bikes around from time to time and their owners rave about
them, but I cant see what the fuss is about. Am I missing something?

Brett.