Re: [ST] Patti's Duc

>I still think you should ride the Duc at least a little....

That would require getting it running... a task that I'm pretty
sure I'm not capable of.  However, I'm warming up to the idea
of getting a running Duc from that era, maybe as a treat for
myself once I finish this project.

>How's it coming anyway, and did you find anything interesting inside?

This is what it looks like right now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whipartist/237363346/in/set-72157594200335588/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whipartist/233448277/in/set-72157594200335588/

I've taken it almost as far apart as it's going to get, and
the most miraculous thing is that I haven't had to deal with
even a single stuck fastener anywhere on the bike-- it was
like I just touched things and they came off.  I strongly
suspect that it was someone else's project at some point,
because once the first level of grunge came off of it, it
was surpisingly nice, and because it feels like it was
probably taken apart and not completely put back together.

It's slow going because I haven't had much free time lately,
but I'm cleaning and scrubbing and polishing when I can find
a few spare moments, and picking up the parts I need as they
show up.  I've acquired the side covers (which are actually a
toolbox and the airbox), and I have a list of several others
that I need.

My new personal definition of hell is rusty spoked wheels.

-Patti