[ST] 2005 Sprint ST Idle problem

I have a 2005 Sprint ST that I purchased used.  Initially the bike ran great and then it started to have trouble starting.  Changed the plugs and air filter (K&N TB-1005) ; now the bike will not hold idle.  The error code from tuneboy is P1105.  I have downloaded the latest tune and the issue persists.  The K&N air filter does not seat properly but fit into the airbox.  I have ordered a new Triumph filter but have to wait a week until it comes in.  Has anyone else had this issue with idle or K&N filters not fitting?