From: myoung@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:53 PM
Subject: [ST] Dropped the '06

Had a little get-off yesterday.
Just leaving work, turning onto a congested street at maybe 10 mph (not even=
 thinking about second gear, and actually preparing to stop) the empty flatb=
ed semi trailer I was following must have gotten cut off or otherwise bound=
 up because he locked the trailer brakes, and laid on the (REALLY LOUD) horn=
. I was just squeezing the brake lever, with the bike 95% stood up after mak=
ing the turn and the noise of the tires and horn must have startled me into=
 squeezing just THAT much too hard. The front tire locked (non abs...more's=
 the pitty) and tucked under to the left. I went essentially splat to the ri=
ght. I lit squarely on the point of my shoulder and after a couple of iterat=
ions of "sky-ground" "sky-ground" I ended up sitting on my bum watching the=
 bike grinding merrily along on its right side shedding clouds of blue plast=
ic dust. It finally fetched up against the curb high road divider and stalle=
d.
Got the bike stood up, moved out of the way, and took stock. No functional d=
amage, much cosmetic damage, and misc. damage to the riding gear (which BTW=
 except for a dime size spot on one wrist did an absolutely stellar job of p=
rotecting my hide...no road rash, and only the really sore shoulder in the w=
ay of contusions.)
Shoulder is very sore, much work to do to get the ST back on the road. Looki=
ng into insurance implications.
Will post more developments for those who express any interest.

Mike
06 ST
Seattle

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)=
 and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized=
 review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the=
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy al=
l copies of the original message.