From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Young, Mike
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 1:54 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Dropped the '06

Had a little get-off yesterday.
Just leaving work, turning onto a congested street at maybe 10 mph (not
even=  thinking about second gear, and actually preparing to stop) the empty
flatb= ed semi trailer I was following must have gotten cut off or otherwise
bound=  up because he locked the trailer brakes, and laid on the (REALLY
LOUD) horn= . I was just squeezing the brake lever, with the bike 95% stood
up after mak= ing the turn and the noise of the tires and horn must have
startled me into=  squeezing just THAT much too hard. The front tire locked
(non abs...more's=  the pitty) and tucked under to the left. I went
essentially splat to the ri= ght. I lit squarely on the point of my shoulder
and after a couple of iterat= ions of "sky-ground" "sky-ground" I ended up
sitting on my bum watching the=  bike grinding merrily along on its right
side shedding clouds of blue plast= ic dust. It finally fetched up against
the curb high road divider and stalle= d.
Got the bike stood up, moved out of the way, and took stock. No functional
d= amage, much cosmetic damage, and misc. damage to the riding gear (which
BTW=  except for a dime size spot on one wrist did an absolutely stellar job
of p= rotecting my hide...no road rash, and only the really sore shoulder in
the w= ay of contusions.) Shoulder is very sore, much work to do to get the
ST back on the road. Looki= ng into insurance implications.
Will post more developments for those who express any interest.

Mike
06 ST
Seattle

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s)=  and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized=  review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If
you are not the=  intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
email and destroy al= l copies of the original message.