Re: [ST] gas gauge accuracy

On 16 Apr 2007, at 07:16, Lou Kallery wrote:

> Still new to the ST, I find that my 2003 gas gauge shows the tank is
> approaching empty but filling it requires only about 2.5 or 2.6
> gallons.  To
> those with experience with the ST, izzat fairly common?

Yes.  On my 03 at least.  I get about 190 to the tank, and gauge
stays near full from 0-80 miles, drops rapidly from 80-120 miles, and
then hangs about around bottom for remainder.  As a result I ride on
the trip mileage rather than pay much attention to the gauge: though
it is useful as a reminder when I get the bike out of the garage
about whether I filled it up at end of last ride or not...

G.