Re: [ST] gas gauge accuracy

On my '01, when I fill up right after the light comes on, I put in about 4.75 gallons, which means I have close to 3/4 of a gallon of gas, about 30 miles.  This has been pretty consistent for me.  They changed the gas tank to adjust for the slightly revised engine and intakes in 2002 and the gas capacity was reduced to about 5 gallons.  So I'm not sure how the light is calibrated for the '02 to '04 models.

Tom

----- Original Message ----
From: Bil Swartz <bil@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 11:16:34 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] gas gauge accuracy

Lou,

I get 200-230 miles on a tank before the fuel light comes on, and at that
point I think there is just about a gallon left.  Anyone know for sure
where that is calibrated to occur?  I find the milage and the gauge's
behaviour more consistent on my '03 than on the '99, getting around 50 mpg
w/ Triumph's stainless "off-road" pipe on both.

FWIW, HIH...

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\